Saturday 3 June 2017

Age of Sigmar Stormcast Eternals Liberators

A quick post to show my Stormcast Eternals Liberator Prime. Pretty much the same deal as the previous two models. Just two more Liberators to do and then I can move onto some heroes. The Lord Celestant on Dracoth from the boxed game is a very tempting candidate for post Liberator daubing. Although with the release of the AoS Skirmish rules the Lord Relictor would make a good addition and give me enough pieces for a small bare bones warband. Not to mention the other heroes I've got from the two Warhammer Quest games. Decisions, decisions!








9 comments:

  1. Perfect painting for sure! Still i find the figures of no interest to me at all - to put it politely 😉 Maybe the passing of time will reveal their artistic value to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't keen on them when they were released but they grew on me and now I'm a full on golden boy! :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed! I have to say I think I will be picking up some Sigmarines myself probably to convert into space marines in conjunction with Primaris Marine parts....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :)

      I've heard quite a few people on forums mention the mixing of SC and marines parts. Not sure I've seen much in the way of conversions yet though.

      Delete
    2. Someone will have to boldly take that first step... given how slow I am it's unlikely to be me though!

      Delete
  3. Love the smooth metallics. Would love to know your process

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quick version.

      Base coat VMC Bronze. Highlight with VMC Old Gold and then add VMA Steel.

      Wash with GW Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade mix.

      Paint wash mix of VGC Charred Brown and VGC Imperial Blue.

      Highlight back up with more VMC Old Gold and VMA Steel.

      Light wash mix of VGC Leather Brown and VGC IMperial Blue (to make green) to add feint tarnish here and there.

      :)

      Delete
  4. What colors/ shades/ highlights did you use on the green bits and the leather grips? Both look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green is a mix of VGC Turquoise and VMC Olive Brown highlighted with VMC Stone Grey. Leather grips are VMC German Camo Black Brown highlighted with VMC Burnt Umber, VGC Khaki and VGC Bonewhite, then finally washed with GW Agrax Earthshade.

      Delete